[oletrucks] PTO's......Ed...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] PTO's......Ed...
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 18:29:44 -0800
Hello Yall!
If you are looking for a PTO. unit, you can go to the local junk yard, and pick
one up, several things you'll need to know is the gear on your tranny....is it
straight cut?, helix? large or small?, as several changes have been made over
the years.  At one time I had about 20 PTO. units all from a place of work,
however they were all these different configuerations, and were all used..of
coarse I had planned on rebuilding and reselling these as part of my side
business.
As time goes, and they sat outside gathering rust/dust and dirt and taking up
to much room, I gave them to a transmission rebuilding co.
90% of these PTO units are rebuildable, and parts are usually on the shelf.
One sourse to check out is in LaMirada CA. by the name of PTO Sales, close to
where I work.  My guess is you have an SM-420 transmission (typical 4 speed)
with the 6 bolt pattern, some of the later transmissions came with 2 PTO
openings, one on each side!, anyway let me know if I can assist, for you can
order these with a number of specifications like duall output shafts, round
keyed shafts
splined shafts, small or big dia. sizes depending on your application.
Talk to you later.  Pat

Pat (crankit)

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail