RE: [oletrucks] Cab Removal

To: "'Mikecdk@aol.com'" <Mikecdk@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Cab Removal
From: Bennett Ratliff <Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:43:50 -0500
Glad to hear that other Texas ol' truckers approach problems the same
way that I have.  Just pulled my cab, painted it, and put it back on
this weekend.  Took three strong backs (counting mine) and some grunting
but we did it in one lift.  Suggest one on each side and one on the
back, just watch your fingers when putting it back on the frame.
Hardest part is straddling the wheels when you carry it over the rear
end, this is where the rear supporter is critical to keep the cab
balanced. Keep in mind that this is with a totally stripped cab,
probably need more people if the seat, etc. is still in it.  Remounting
the cab supports is a two person job because you can't reach both sides
of some of the bolts to tighten them, but a 15 year old seems to be able
to hold a wrench just fine for that.  He wasn't much help on the cab
lift though, didn't try the beer payment with him though, a few more
years maybe.  Good Luck.

Bennett Ratliff
'49 AD - Cab painted and remounted, waiting on fenders