[oletrucks] an electrifying idea

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] an electrifying idea
From: George Long <longgw@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:36:00 -0400
I want to throw an idea out and see if anyone has a suggestion:
to get optimum efficency, offroader and racer will run two alternators.
My idea is to run both an alternator and a generator.

reasons for this set-up are on an alternator system you can run
a car with little or no charge in the battery as long as you get a
jump but it will not charge thw battery. with a generator you cannot
run the car without the battery or with very little charge. but the
generator will charge a battery if there is sufficent energy to keep
the motor running does anyone have any ideas to make this setup
work or should i start messing around with wires, any and all input
will be greatly appreciated.

Nate Long
54 3600