Re: [oletrucks] Installing Ford 9" Rear End

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Installing Ford 9" Rear End
From: "Rob J." <rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:56:09 -0700
I musta missed the original post.  I would suggest taking your readings from
the outside of the original drum (the surface the current wheel sits on), to
the other drum.  When you stop to take into account different backing plates
and different brake components, etc. and how they might vary in size
(width), the one thing that truly matters, is whether or not the wheel will
sit well in the fender opening.  If you use the measurements I suggest, your
new setup should put the wheel in the exact same spot in relation to the
wheel opening.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I took my measurements by laying a
ruler (or level, etc) across each drum surface, then measuring the distance
between rulers.  Helps to have someone to help hold them.

Rob