Re: [oletrucks] Installing Ford 9" Rear End

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Installing Ford 9" Rear End
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:02:44 -0400
I took a load of measurements when dismantling my oletruck.  The rear
width of my 53 is 55" between the backsides of the brake backing
plates.  I had a width of 62-1/2" from the center of one tire tread to
the other, but that might be relative to particular tire size.  I'm
assuming the 53 and the 51 are probably similar in widths.  I put in an
87 Camaro rear which was the same width.

Wally / Tmepleton, MA
53 3100 rod project