[oletrucks] Fram Questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fram Questions
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:16:53 EDT
        When my '59 235 was delivered it came with a Fram oil filter sitting
in a box complete with new oil lines and just needing derusting and
repainting. I would like to install this unit, and several questions have
come up.

        1. Looking at the motor, it looks like one oil line goes into the oil
pressure gauge hole and the other into a hole in the middle of the block now
plugged with a square bung. Is this correct, and if so, which is pressure
feed to the filter and which is return from the filter? That little bung is
now partially rounded off, how do I get it out?

        2. I see only one connection on the filter body. That one is on the
main body facing rearward, labeled by the sticker "Inlet." There is a drain
plug on the bottom, but no other visible connections. Where does the second
line connect to?

        3. I bought a little set of stickers to replace the original
waterslide decals after the new paint cures. On that sticker are some tips
including one about paint color. The claim is that the color of the original
Fram body was very close to early Chevrolet engine orange. Looking at the
existing paint, Insignia Orange looks pretty close, and as I recall it,
Chevrolet Orange is too reddish. Any color opinions?

        4. The sticker calls for a C-4 or a C-4P2 element. Are these numbers
still good, or are there other ones now?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html