Re: [oletrucks] body question

To: mytruck@hehe.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] body question
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 21:25:16 -0400
Unless you use a guide coat you are surely asking for disappointment once the
final paint is on. The idea of a guide coat is to spray on a contrasting color
to the primer already on and block wet sand finishing in at least 320 but 400
is better. This should go on a waterproof primer surfacer if your going to wet
sand, most of these are two part with a catalyst. I found a product made by 3-M
called dry guide coat that is like a dry charcoal you wipe on. It stays in any
low spot or scratches as you block sand and shows them up. Personally I don't
like the idea of cheap rattle can  guide coats in case you don't get all of it
off it becomes part of your paint system. That's only my opinion, I know many
people use rattle cans for guide coat. Getting filler or porous primer wet if
it is on bare steel is asking for trouble.

Grant 50 3100