Re: [oletrucks] web page/overdrive ?'s

To: mytruck@hehe.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] web page/overdrive ?'s
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:55:13 -0700 (PDT)
mytruck@hehe.com says:

> MIQ: Nice page.  Good pictures.  Explain to me the dual exhaust system on a

>235 if you can.

Fenton makes a manifold that splits the exhaust ports so that cylinders 1 +
2-3 and  4-5 + 6 are each grouped (1 siamese port, 1 straight port) into
their own exhaust pipe.   The manifold sells at meets usually for somewhere
in the $150-200 range depended on condition and you can get it new (thinner
casting than the original) for around $225-$250.  The neat thing about the
Fenton setup is that it uses the stock exhaust for one of the sets so if
youhave a nice setup, you don't have to toss it.

> ALL: I have a 59 short step with original engine.  I was lucky, found it in
> a garage where it had been sitting doing nothing since 72.  THe only
> modifications are the ones I have done with my limited knowledge.  I added
> electronic ignition, an electric fuel pump, and an rpm gauge.  Am thinking
> on eventually some sort of overdrive system to help with highway speed
> without losing power in low gear.  If anyone has any tips, on that let me
> know.  I would like to keep the column shift, but do not know how possible
> that is.

Easiest way:  change the rear end ration.  Just about any other change is
going to require you replacing the tranny and possibly the shift.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com