Re: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Wiring

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Wiring
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 14:31:08 -0800
Personally, Wayne has a very good point for simplicity.  If it were me, and I
have done more than my fair share (crane mechanic) I have recently wired from
scratch a Baja Bug I am also building, and depending on the amount of wires,
Napa (as a local source) carries or can get rolls of wire in many different
colors, I purchased all I needed at 14 gage, then 2 more rolls in 10 gage black
for ground, and red for power for the higher amperage drain circuits. Like
Wayne was also saying, you can get those little rolls of numbers specifically
for this purpose, but with a step further depending how involved you want to
get, after you put the self adhesive number on the wire, they also manufacture
a clear heat shrink tubing, which then can be slipped over the number to
protect it and prevent it from eventually falling off!, this is the "trick" way
in my opinion and my experience.
Another thing you can do for the long runs, is to get some tubing, (stainless
prefered) and some of those stainless clamps with the rubber inside and run the
wiring inside the tubing, and clamp it to the frame. At the ends of the tubing,
come off it with that plastic split loom which with proper size will slip over
the tubing, then electrical tape the ends on to the tubing.  I look at it this
way, how  well of a job do you want to do? This is the kind of thing I would
do, because this is the way I am, can't help it.....costs me a fortune
sometimes, but the end result is "the best"!   Pat

Pat '56 GMC Napco

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail