[oletrucks] Don't Give Up Smokey!

To: sculver@iwl.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Don't Give Up Smokey!
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:59:22 EDT
        Check to make sure you have your test meter set correctly. I had
problems recently and thanks to tips posted here on this list, was able to
verify my sending unit using an old Radio Shack multimeter set to measure
ohms. To briefly recap, my unit measured 1.5 ohms with the float down, and
33.5 ohms with the float fully up. I ran a new ground wire to the seat base
and that seems to have fixed the problem.
        The gauge needle now comes off of the bottom stop and does not peg
itself on the top stop. There have been some great suggestions here so let us
know how you make out!

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html