[oletrucks] Helping a lady and an ole' truck out.....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, reneta@gilanet.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Helping a lady and an ole' truck out.....
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:21:16 EDT
Hi everyone,
I have no affiliation with this lady, I saw that the ad was mislabled and
sent her a message so she could correct the mis-advertisement. The truck is a
41 - 47 1st, and the photo looks good, check it out. Enclosed are the Emails
and my responses.  The truck is overpriced, but I believe that she is open to
offers (see below). Take care guys.
<<<Thanks for your reply.  The site is classics4sale.com.  It is the Silver
City ad.....  I really appreciate your effort to help sell this truck.  It
was my fathers and he used it in his business.  It is really special to our
family and have had a hard time letting it go.  It, unfortunately, is just
sitting in the pasture wasting.  I would love to see it in a parade
somewhere on the 4th of July....
Any help would be appreciated.....

<<
Subject:        Re: NOT A 30's....but still an ole' truck.....

Rennetta,
It has been a little while since I saw your ad.  To tell you the honest
truth, I don't remember what you wanted for it or where the ad was located,
guess my advanced age (27yrs.) is catching up with me.  If you will give me
the address of the ad, I will look at it and tell you what I think.  ALSO, I
belong to a group of people on the internet that restore 1941-1959 chevrolet
trucks, even HEAVY trucks like yours.  If you want, and can send me the
serial # (probably either under the hood on the metal wall behind the
engine,
or in the door jamb of the driver's side), I'll post the data and the price
and such to the more than 500 people with whome I am affiliated.  I collect
the body style that came after yours, the "Advanced Design" models.  The
models that were like yours are refered to as "Pre-war" models.
Like I said, I cannot remember where I saw your ad at ( I was surfing.), but
I do remember the body style and that it was a heavy truck.  I will tell you
that a heavy truck goes for less than the 1/2 ton standard (small) trucks.
Some people are into the heavy trucks but most are not simply because the
difficulty in finding parts is much harder than even the small trucks.  I
don't mean to over load you with info, But if you'll give me the info and
your OK to post the info to the group I'll help you, not because I am
interested, but because I HATE to see ole' trucks get crunched.>>
Thanks guys,
 Casey M.
'47-2 Thriftmaster