[oletrucks] In search of a happy ending...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] In search of a happy ending...
From: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:47:26 EDT
Hi Folks-

Just a quick post before I've got to hit the road
(leaving @ 10:00pm EDT on Thursday)for Ohio and Indiana.

Thanks to all who who have replied to our previous
messages and also to everyone who sent us direct.
A lot of you asked if we could give you a general
idea as to our travel route, so here goes:

>From NJ to Cleveland, Ohio will be driven during the
night, so I'll not be able to see many old trucks along
the road.  But between Cleveland and Rensselaer, Indiana
these are the cities/towns that we'll be passing through
or near:

Through Ohio: Cleveland... Lorain... Elyria... Milan...
Fremont... Wauseon... then west to the Indiana state line.

Through Indiana: Angola... Shipshewana... Middlebury...
Elkhart... South Bend... La Porte... Westville... Valparaiso...Hebron...
Demotte... Kniman... Rensselaer.

Returning to New Jersey:  I'll zig-zag to anyplace that's
likely to have old trucks around for sale!  Hey... this
would be the best time for me to discover a great old truck.
The closer to home... the better, but hey... at this stage...
we'll be happy just to get a fair deal on a nice running,
average or better, Chevy truck (I'd love an all original 54 Stepside... but
I'm not really going to be that picky!)
from the 1940's or 1950's.

Before I go I've got to say that this list has been great
for help as we're learning how to restore our 59Apache and
also for support when everything seemed to be going sour on us!
It's nice to be a (tiny)part of what this list is all about.

We will try to check in (to read the list postings)during
our trip, but it might be tough finding internet access.
If we  actually find... and buy one on the road...
I'll do my best to find a way to let you all know!

Thanks again-

Ken & Son

K&B 1959 Apache Fleetside Truck Project
-