Re: [oletrucks] Wow -- I'm making some headway now!

To: Jeff Davis <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wow -- I'm making some headway now!
From: Paul Blosser <paulblosser@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:47:13 -0500
Hi Jeff,

The first time I tried to fit the engine/transmission in, the trans wouldn't
squeeze through the hole between the transmission tunnel and the old
crossmember.  One of the other list members (I think Grant Galbraith) said he
had to remove his stock crossmember.  The trans crossmember I got was from Heavy
Chevy.  I also have a universal motor mount kit if you need one (the crossmember
that hangs below the engine).  I decided to go with Chassis Engineering mounts
because they mount inside the frame rails and there's nothing hanging under the
engine.  The front crossmember that the radiator bolts to is still there.

I have the stock front suspension, everything has been redone, springs rearched,
new main leaf, teflon between the leaves.  I think it should ride pretty nice.

How did you go about putting your rear-end in?  I got a 12 bolt rear from a '63
1/2 ton (6 bolt wheels) that I plan on putting in -- that's the next big
project.  I got a video from No Limit and this is one of the things they cover,
but just wanted to know about your experience.

Thanks,

Paul Blosser
School of Metaphysics
1954 3100