[oletrucks] Mounting old truck on newer frame

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net (Ole Trucks)
Subject: [oletrucks] Mounting old truck on newer frame
From: RickK10071@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 22:34:48 EDT
Recently I read a message from someone who had taken the body off of a late
70's or early 80's Chevy Impala and mounted a 55-59 body on the later
chassis. I have been tinkering with my 1957 3600 and trying to figure a good
place to start on getting it back on the road. If I can find the person who
has done the whole chassis it seems like a great way to get modern
suspension, brakes, and mechanicals and make all the future parts much more
affordable. I believe that Chevy used the same basic body from 1977 thu 1989
and they would be easy to locate one as a donor.
If anyone has done this swap please send me an email and maybe we can discuss
some of the details.

Rick from Iowa
1957 3600