Re: [oletrucks] e-bay advertisements...boooo

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] e-bay advertisements...boooo
From: "Rob & Margie J." <rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 22:42:57 -0700
Hmm, mixed feelings about this issue.  On the one hand, I certainly don't
mind seeing stuff posted if it deals with oletrucks, but eBay creates a
different kinda problem.  Some people go to alot of trouble trying to find
bargains they can afford, and may spend a good deal of time searching
through eBay.  Then when they find that one item they've been searching for,
and it is a reasonable price, what happens?  Someone posts it to the group,
and now all of a sudden, that cool find is being fought over by everyone and
their brother.  I see more potential for this to create hate and discontent
among the members, so why not just let everyone do their own search, find it
themselves.  If they are too lazy to search themself, then too bad.  And why
bother everyone else with more email they don't want just to help out these
same people who can't be bothered themselves.

I am finding less and less time to devote to actually answering peoples
requests for help because I am spending too much time having to wade through
the stuff that really isn't helping anyone out - yes, I do get other email
than just oletrucks stuff, and it all adds up.

In the case of eBay, these are NOT items that people might not ever have a
chance of finding, as everyone with internet access has the same
opportunity.  Why not restrict the posting to those items that might
otherwise never be available to everyone, such as classified that might only
make a local paper, and let everyone do their own internet searching.  The
argument that "hey, it saves me time if you find it for me" just doesn't
work for me.