[oletrucks] Cameo bed question

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Cameo bed question
From: "Dave Cunningham" <djcvjc@riconnect.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 08:55:04 -0400
Hello all,
I am starting to rebuild my bed for my 55 GMC suburban carrier pickup
(cameo).  I purchased new bed cross sills , when I compared the sills to the
original ones I found a difference on one cross sill. The one nearest the
tailgate has the ends from the frame out go from 2" height to 1¼". Does this
need to be that way to clear something? The assembly manual refers to it as
No. 3 cross sill for models 3124 and 3104 . Are the step sides the same way?
I had taken reference pictures but didn't get any of that area.
Any Cameo owners help out?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Cunningham
55 GMC