[oletrucks] This is getting out of hand!

To: "Oletrucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] This is getting out of hand!
From: Thomas A Hurd <thomas_hurd@csi.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:21:15 -0400
        I just sat here and looked at the list of the last 30 days of messages,
and was very surprised at what I found.

        There was 12 ebay messages ( the ones in questions) 1 reply to an ebay
message
        Here is the surprising part, there was 28 comments about the ebay
messages.( this will make 29)

I read a message today from someone that said "I am finding less and less
time to devote to actually answering peoples requests for help because I am
spending too much time having to wade through the stuff that really isn't
helping anyone out - yes, I do get other email than just oletrucks stuff,
and it all adds up"
        There is over TWICE AS MANY messages complaining about what some "see"
as
a problem.
        I like some use the delete key to get rid of what is not of interest to
me.
        Let's not create censorship on the list because someone does not like
something they see.

        This is what I see as a problem ( a copy from a post I sent on 7/16/99
4:59 PM)

"I do however have to ask why do we have to send more than 1 message with
exactly the same text, I have seen 2 and in some cases 3 messages that look
like they were copied and resent. I am not talking about the subject line,
the body of the message is an exact duplicate!

I also think a good question to ask before sending a message to the list is
"Is this message of interest to anybody ( not ALL ) else on the list , or
is it just directed to one person?" in most cases yes, but I have seen some
that are not."

        I enjoy the list, and look forward to seeing what new messages will
teach
me.

        I hope that this will be the beginning of the end of the comments about
"sale" messages and get back to what the list is all about!

                This is my 5 cents worth.

Tom/N1FDR
        '52 3100
        Templeton,MA