[oletrucks] non truck question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] non truck question
From: "Dave P" <my51truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:00:04 GMT
My Dad and I were trying to enjoy some cruising in his '55 Nomad, but the
battery was dead. We decided to jump start it and let it charge while
running. Guess what? It didn't work. After getting home I had the alt.
checked and it was putting out about 14 volts. The battery was replaced a
year ago, and we replaced the voltage regulator. And still it isn't
charging. Any ideas? With the engine running I checked the volts at the
battery and it read 11.5. With the engine off it read 12. Anyone have any
guesses? It has a 327 and auto, but nothing fancy as far a electrical
gizmos.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave
'51 half ton lifetime project