[oletrucks] Ballast resistor

To: RifeB@ttc.com, Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Ballast resistor
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 05:58:49 EDT
I don't think 3 volts is enough to give a reliable spark.  The stock ignition
is very reliable.
Bob ADler

<< I have a 46 1/2 ton ART DECO with a 6 volt system, without a starter
 solenoid. I had thougts of wiring a spring loaded switch with a ballast
 resistor. When starting engine, hold switch closed(supplying full 6 volts
 to coil),then release switch(power goes through ballast, 3 volts to coil) .
 The purpose will be to save points wear. >>