Re: [oletrucks] Accelerator Linkage, Trans Mount

To: Paul Blosser <paulblosser@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Accelerator Linkage, Trans Mount
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 07:14:57 -0400
At 01:48 AM 7/22/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a question for you guys running 350/350TH in an AD.  What kind of
>throttle setup are you using?  I bought a V8 throttle kit from Heavy
>Chevy but it won;t work on my carb (Edelbrock).  Do I need to get a
>throttle setup off a donor car?

Hi Paul
I have a similar setup on my TF truck.  I had to fool around with it some
to get it to work.
I ended up with the gas pedal off a 71 Monte Carlo (because it was small),
the throttle cable off an 87 Silverado, and a throttle cable bracket that I
welded up out of pieces of several brackets to make something that worked.
One suggestion I have is that if you go with a late model throttle cable
and you decide to get one from the boneyard take it off a relatively new
(80's and 90's) model.  I started off with a couple of them from some old
70's models and they always ended up getting very stiff on me.  GM changed
the internal construction at some point and the later model ones are smooth
as silk even if they have been well used.
Oh yes, I have heard that Edelbrock makes a cable bracket for the carb but
I haven't gotten around to finding one.  My welded up mess is working so I
let sleeping dogs lie.

Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck