Re: [oletrucks] Radiators and Rochesters

To: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiators and Rochesters
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:48:27 -0400
I am contemplating the same things as I'm thinking of a new radiator also. I
found that my truck runs too hot at highway speed in 100 degree weather. Water
Weter did not help my particular problem. I checked the archives because I
remember a warning about desert cooler radiators not fitting right. I also
talked to David at Heavy Chevy. He says the  4 row desert cooler may not fit
right with a 6 cylinder as it's thicker. This wouldn't be a problem for eights.
He recommended
instead of the 4 row a high efficiency 3 row, more tubes closer together but
same thickness  for the 6.  I don't know how this compares in efficiency to a
2"  cellular.

Grant 50 3100