Re: [oletrucks] AC and Power Steering conversion questions?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AC and Power Steering conversion questions?
From: Claude <rameyfam@n-link.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:27:48 -0500
Scott, I did the Power steering thing on my '59. I used the kit that bolts up
the
'70's truck steering sector. I bought mine from Golden State. I replaced my
steering column also. Take a look at some of the pics at
http://www.n-link.com/~rameyfam ,follow the links to the truck page and power
steering. I'm pleased with the results. Two main problems I had was the wheels
rubbing the new sector on right turns (they rubbed the box on left turns before
started) all is well now after adjusting the backspacing of the old rally
wheels.
Also, the frame was flexing. I had to backup the frame with some metal strips to
get a more solid feel at low speed turns. take a look at
http://www.classictruckshop.com, they have a power steering article.