[oletrucks] Bed wood dimensions, '58

To: Oletrucks Digest <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bed wood dimensions, '58
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:25:38 -0700
Hi everybody,

I just checked both sets of archives and chevytrucks.org, with no luck,
so here goes:  does anybody know the dimensions of the boards for a '58
short Fleetside?  I found a guy who will sell me some dry apitong for
roughly $30 for enough to make a bed (.75/foot); he said "6 bits a foot"
and totally confused me at first.  The wood is 1 1/8" thick but he said
I could use his planer if I needed to.  Before I try I would buy one of
the booklets on making a bed that chevytrucks.org mentions, but I want
to buy the wood whilst it is available.

Then just stash it with my other someday stuff....  no, my bed is really
rotting out.

Thanks!
Ed Miller
'58 3100 Fleetside