[oletrucks] Compressor plumbing (regulator) question

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Compressor plumbing (regulator) question
From: "Border,Ryan" <rborder@fcxena.fc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:38:48 -0600
If anybody knows the answer to this, you guys will...

All the relatives pitched in together, and got me what I wanted for my
birthday last week: a 175psi, 80gal, 6.5hp, 220V, 2-stage air compressor :-)

I'm plumbing up my garage, to install air take-offs, traps, possibly in-line
tool lubricators, etc.

Anyway, the compressor has only a hole in the side, feeding ~175psi to
whatever I connect to it.  I need at least 1 regulator, to step the working
pressure down to... about 120psi.  I can't imagine many applications where
I'd want more than that.  If I get the pressure down that low, then I can
use relatively common and inexpensive filters, etc.

Problem is- all the regulators I've found seem to have a max inlet pressure
of 150psi.  Checked harbor freight, and several local hardware shops.  Went
to a welding supply shop, who had what seemed to be the ticket- for $150.
Yikes.

Where can I get a decent, inexpensive, regulator/pressure-gauge unit that
can withstand the output pressure of my new compressor?   And how about a
2ft air hose- to connect compressor to the inlet of my plumbing?

Thanks-
Ryan.

PS: I originally sent this to the old teleport email address... so if this
eventually lands twice to the list, that's probably why.