[oletrucks] vacuum on 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] vacuum on 235
From: "Samuel Quincy" <samuelquincy@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:51:29 PDT
Greetings all!  I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the vacuum advance
mechanism so that it requires less vacuum to pull it.  This question is for
my 59 Apache 1/2 ton with a 235cui.  If I juice up the accelerator a little
shifting into 3rd then she runs pretty smoothly (more vacuum comfing off the
carb), but if I simply shift as normal I get a little shake/vibration until
I hit about 40mph.  Anybody have any hints?

Also, I am thinking about shimming *up* my springs a couple of inches.  I'm
a little weak in this area too.  Will shimming up do any damage?  It doesn't
seem so to me, but then the only thing I've ever done with a leaf spring is
lubricate it, so better ask and sound stupid than break a spring and *look*
stupid!

Thanks!
Sam