[oletrucks] late reply

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] late reply
From: "Judd O'Neil" <joneil@cpros.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:54:56 -0700
Hi everyone,

I know this is a late reply to the message about rural Idaho. I lived and
worked between Missoula and Boise for 2 and a half years between 84 and 86
and actually moved from Missoula, MT to Challis, Idaho in a 1949 Chevy 3100
that I bought in Missoula for $100. That truck ran without a problem for the
first year I lived down in Challis. Because I didn't have a place to live
while building a mine in Challis I traded the truck for a .38 calibre pistol
(don't ask) and a 65 Chevy 4 door. That gave me and my brother a 2 bedroom
vehicle instead of a 1 bedroom vehicle. The 4 door also ran like a charm. I
ended up trading the 4 door Chevy for a color TV, $20.00 bucks worth of gas,
and a bag of some mysterios (sp?) Mexican herbal remedy. The high desert of
Idaho is wild and crazy country. There was no law. One sheriff for a county
the size of Rhode island. It was Custer County, named after our famous
General last seen at the Little Big Horn.

Back then the area was absolutely loaded with AD and TF trucks. $100.00 was
the most you would pay for a truck that ran. It might have been dented but
it would get you where you wanted to go. I'm afraid those days are gone
forever. Custer County also had the best trout fishing I've ever seen.
Natural hot springs every 20 miles or so. Winters so cold your nails
wouldn't grow. I wish I'd had some money in those days.

I know this is kinda off-subject but I have such great memories of that part
of Idaho. And there are probably a lot of oletrucks still there.

Judd O'Neil
1950 Chevy 3100
1951 Chevy 3100
1951 Chevy 3100