[oletrucks] compression and leak down

To: "oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net" <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] compression and leak down
From: cupola2@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:30:00 -0700
Dear Group,
Took my '54 3100 in for a compression and leak
down test today, but I'm unsure what it all
means.  Here are the fugures they gave me.
   Comprssion/PSI     Leak Down %   Hot  8K
#1   130               40% rings
#2   125               50% rings
#3   105               50% valves
#4   85                70% equally
#5   120               15% valves
#6   125               20% equally
 Of course, they would have liked to have kept my
truck.  There is no smoke coming from the tailpipe
and I'm no using any oil that I can tell.
Sometimes, when I start her, I get a funky, sweet
smell that goes away after a few minutes.  Other
than that, I like driving my old truck.
What do all these figures mean?

John 54 3100  235 six