Re: [oletrucks] Still on the rear end motif.....

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Still on the rear end motif.....
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 11:33:06 EDT
Casey,
   If you are going to make your own gasket, I have found this method to
yeild the best results.  Take a sheet of gasket material and cut it 1/8 inch
wider than measured width of the rearend.  Tape it to the rearend in two spot
so it will not shift, and using te flat side of a ball peen hammer gently tap
around the perimeter of the rear ends' gasket mating surface.  Then using the
small end gently locate the bolt holes .  The gasket material cuts on the
sharp cast edges very neatly, and given enough time the gasket looks perfect.
 as you tap out each hole, you might put in a bolt or two to help in
maintaining placement.  Actually, you might have the best luck cutting out a
rough inner perimeter before you hold the gasket up because the protrusion of
the gears may make the gasket humpy. I think any brand of gasket material is
as good as the next.
Good luck.
?Stan the Man