Re: [oletrucks] More on oil pressure/noise

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More on oil pressure/noise
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 21:50:31 -0700
Thanks to all who came to my rescue today with the low oil pressure/noises.
Not quite sure what I got, but when I take the belt off the generator and
water pump, there is no unusual noise at all.  I know the generator is
squeaking, so I took it off, and will drop it off to be looked at.

As far as the oil pressure, the problem began right after my first oil
change after having the engine rebuilt.  I think it may have had something
to do with the way I installed the filter.  It's the type that sits in the
canister next to the engine.  The one I used was somewhat smaller than the
original, and seems to have been sitting a little crooked.  When I took it
out and straightened it, the pressure seemed to be okay.  With the engine
warmed up, at an idle, it stays at about 12 pounds.  When I rev the motor,
it pegs out at 30 pounds.  Does this sound about right?

Thanks again, guys-

Smokey
'50 3600 ('59 235 engine)