[oletrucks] Re: Oil Pressure - noise

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Oil Pressure - noise
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 18:20:36 -0400
Guys!!!

Just went through a noise session of my own on the weekend.  Lets put it
this way.  The oil cups on the generator are there for a reason and not just
for decoration.  My noise dissappeared once I filled the oil cups with some
3 in 1.  Amazing eh!  Seriously the oil cups should be topped off regularly
to ensure adequate oil supply to the generator bushings. I would suggest
that this be made part of your regular oil change practise.  The other thing
to consider when you are dealing with noise in the area of the generator is
that periodically and for some unknown reason the fan blades on the
generator drive start to come into contact with the face plate of the
generator.  Some fine adjustment with a screwdriver prying them forward to
ensure just a few thou. of clearance is all that is needed.

Good luck and keep on truckin

Mac