Re: [oletrucks] Body work (paint)

To: crankit@fcmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Body work (paint)
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:58:51 EDT
crankit@fcmail.com writes:

<< Hello, I posted a question to all of you, and only recieved 1
response?...Thanks Keith....I recently dropped off my GMC cab at the acid
dippers, when it is finished, it will have a phosphate coating sprayed thru
and thru.  The main question is, what are the steps to take when I get it
back?
 Q-1 Do I sand (rough up the surface) and then metal prep, then metal etching
primer?
 Q-2 Do I not sand, and apply metal etching primer?
 Any body else out there have the correct answer for me so I can purchase the
correct materials before I get it back?
 Has any body done this before?
 I would really appreciate any comments, because it has been 15 years
awaiting for this "special event", and I want to do it right the first time.
 Thanks in advance,    Pat

 Pat '56 GMC Napc >>

 Try this site, the guy knows his stuff.

  http://www.autobodystore.com

  He sells paint/bodywork equipment, but also offers some good advice on his
message board.

  Mike