Re: [oletrucks] diesel on vegetable oil...too political?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] diesel on vegetable oil...too political?
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:14:36 -0600
>The question about mating a diesel with a TF transmission fits the purpose of
>this list.  The rest is a socio-political diatribe I don't care for as part of
>this list.
>
>Jon E

I wouldn't call it a diatribe - tho I thought I smelled patchouli :)

Actually, I would like more info on this as well; I have seen newspaper
reports on a guy who powers his gasoline car on used grease... I'm not sure
what he did to it to prevent it from making a big carbony goopy mess.
Anyone know?

For that matter, I am always interested in folks who convert stuff to
propane or other fuels (like a certain HUGE truck out there!); my neighbor
has a 54 converted to LPG, but he's grumpy and will only SELL me a
conversion for $1500!!
I am working on a VW pickup that will have two tanks, one for gas and one
for LPG/propane (don't know which yet) but that is VERY back burner right
now.

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe