[oletrucks] Ol' Smokey got a gas gauge

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Ol' Smokey got a gas gauge
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:47:40 -0700
Well, brother and sister truckers, I FINALLY got a gas gauge!  Took awhile,
and I was about to give up, but with the help of all who came to my rescue,
even if only to console me during the hard times, I finally got one that
works.  And I have to say a word for Heavy Chevy, who sent me the one that
finally functions as intended.  They even guaranteed that if it didn't fix
the problem, we would figure something out (Thanks, Dave!).  And one more
thing-When they tell you that you need a good ground, believe it.  Both on
the back of the gauge, and on the sending unit.  If either is not making
good contact, it won't work.  Thanks again, everyone!

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window (The one WITHOUT the gas can in the back)