RE: [oletrucks] Harbor Freight

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Harbor Freight
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:48:33 -0700
Hi Tom,
I concur with what you're saying but they did have just the ticket
recently. I picked up a 53 5700 COE (2 ton) last June. The wheels
are held on with 1 1/16" lug nuts, and the nuts/bolts on the
suspension are even larger. I checked Sears and their 3/4 drive basic
set is approx $250, Home Depot didn't carry a 3/4" drive set, and
Harbor Freight had theirs on sale for approx $40. The amount of use
I for see of  these didn't  justify the cost of Sears set. The quality
is not Snap-on or Proto, but in all honesty it's better than I expected.
The worse quality is in the tin box they came in. Yes, I was told they
are guaranteed for life, which indeed brought a smile to my face.

> I would steer away from hand tools such as ratchet sets, tap
>and die sets, and other complex hand tools.  In my experience, these tools
>are second rate and should be avoided at any cost.
>I do however like the idea of power tools at a discount.  Their bench
>grinders, engine stands, and floor jacks looked enticing.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net

robert.fischer@cdc.com

rfischer@worldnet.att.net