Re: [oletrucks] Harbor Freight

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Harbor Freight
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:47:36 -500
I bought a 2-1/2 ton also and after using it several months in the
garage we brought it to the track for use on the race car...maybe
because it very dusty or because of the gravel in the pits but the
thing started leaking under no pressure like when we return it to the
garage at night and a large spot shows up on the garage floor
in the morning....I now leave it pumped up a little and it seems to
have cured it somewhat...We had to refill it and I used some oil
labelled hydraulic jack oil I had obtained years ago and it stopped
leaking.... Filling it was a chore... we had to slowly lift the end
while pouring oil into the relief check(?) then holding it up in the
air and re-install the plug... I still don't think I got it full and I
don't feel like it goes all the way up but one good thing about it is
now it doesn't come down too fast like it did when it was new... I
had trouble releasing the thing under load and it would allow the car
to come crashing down...Next jack will be american made if I  can
find one possibly a used one  from a auto repair garage sale...Ask me
a bout the vice I got from there its another story...
Rogerg
51-3100 AD Stocker