Re: [oletrucks] heater question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] heater question
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:41:37 -0700

The thing to watch out for is doubling the voltage will quadruple the power!
The volts and amps will both double. This will quickly eat motors and
wiring. The difference in the light wiring is that the bulbs were probably
replaced with 12 volt bulbs. This effectively cut the amps in half. So
either the motor needs replaced with a twelve volt unit, or a resistor
installed. Always be careful doing electrical work. One mistake and the
whole project can go up in flames- literally. Since Chevy wasn't big on
fuses, I would install one inline if there isn't one.