[oletrucks] heater question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] heater question
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:35:26 -0400
I have an air-flow heater in my AD truck and it has a 3-speed (I
think) switch to control the fan.  I've converted to 12 volt and am
going to put in a voltage reducer to the heater.  My question is,
should I put the reducer in before the switch or after it?  I'd like to
put the reducer in after the switch so I can use a 12-volt bulb in the
switch but I don't want to burn up the switch.  I have the maroon,
barrel-shaped switch that says "HEAT" on it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Joe
50 3100
Joe Clark
Southern Appalachian Field Laboratory