Re: [oletrucks] trailering fiasco-need input

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] trailering fiasco-need input
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:42:52 EDT

<<What do ya'll think about installing the class 3 hitch assembly to the
stock 58 1/2T frame.  It sounds too easy.  It's the same kind that uhaul
sells or that a new suburban would come with. >>

I guess I would be concerned that it wasn't really a simple bolt-on as
advertised, that you would get up there to install it, and then would be
stuck.  Try it on your 57 Suburban first to make sure that it's as easy as
UHaul says.  Pretty sure the frames are the same from 55-59. . .but you have
to check on a suburban/panel as the frames have an extension on the back. .
.pickups won't work as a test.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville,TN