Re: [oletrucks] Help I need a Gas Tank!

To: "wayne sellers" <architectmsu@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help I need a Gas Tank!
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:13:57 -0700
Wayne-

I've been down that old road with the gas tank.  Called J.C. Whitney and
ordered the cleaner/coating kit.  Cost was a little over $30, includint
shipping.  Took the tank down to the carwash, washed it out well, with the
help of a chain to knock the rust off.  Did the cleaning, and applied the
coating per the instructions, and it's done fine ever since.  I might point
out that the sending unit was one big gob of rust, so I threw it away, and
just covered the hole until I got a new one.

I also use only the plastic see-through filters, mounted close to the fuel
pump, so I can make sure the gas is clean.  So far so good.  Good luck!

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window