Re: [oletrucks] Changing An Oil Filter on a 235

To: tcape@weblnk.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Changing An Oil Filter on a 235
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:51:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/99 4:38:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tcape@weblnk.net
writes:

<< All the recent posts about oil filters reminds me of an issues I'd been
 meaning to post.  What kind of filter fits in the old oil filter cannister
 on a 1953 235 engine?  The last two times I've changed my oil, my nextdoor
 neighbor (who owns an engine rebuilding shop) gave me a filter to use.  I
 believe they are from an older F**d engine.  He had them laying around his
 shop.  I like Fram filters....any ideas which Fram will fit??

 Also, when I change the filter, I have lots of old, dirty oil left in the
 bottom of the cannister after I take the old filter out.  I have to soak it
 out with paper towels.  This is incredibly messy.  Is there a better way?
 Am I missing a simpler way to get the old oil out of the cannister?  Many
 thanks for your help!
 Tom Caperton
 '47 2nd 3100 >>

  I think I use the Fram PF-4 (have to verify the #) for my '59, not sure if
it's the same as yours or not, but I use a turkey baster to suck up as much
oil as possible, there's just a minute amount left, and a shop rag takes care
of the rest.

  I cleaned all the crud from mine on the first oilchange, never had any
since.

  Mike