Re: [oletrucks] 58GMC hood latch

To: perigrinefalcon@netscape.net, Advdesign1@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58GMC hood latch
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:38:37 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/99 10:17:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
perigrinefalcon@netscape.net writes:

<< Bob
  The guys at Grumpys here in Phoenix have told me that the hood latches on
the
 58-59 GMC'S were different from all others. I don't know how true that is.
Are
 there any recorces that would be recomended for research in this and other
 areas?

 Thanks

 Perry Smith >>

  They are, but all can be made to work (at least for the Chevy).  What's
different about the 55-56, 57, and 58-9 is the length, just a bit, and the
angle of the lever hanging down, but it's not a show stopper, I used the
'58/59 on my trucj with a '55/'56 frontend sheetmetal and grill, and just
used the torch to heat it and "adjust" it to the correct location.

  If it's the same p/n's for GMC and Chevy, you shouldn't have a problem.

  Mike