Re: [oletrucks] What About A Ford?

To: MRAHL@martinmartin.com, Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What About A Ford?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:35:14 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/99 10:52:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
MRAHL@martinmartin.com writes:

<< Paul,

 You're a bit of a rabble-rouser, I like that.  The Ford small block is 2"
 narrower than a Chevy small block which would probably solve some exhaust to
 steering box problems.  The Ford is an inch longer with most of that being
 in the water pump.  Height is approximately the same.  One significant
 advantage to the Ford is that it weighs a bit over 100 lbs less than the
 Chevy.  The Chevy small block is going to cost less to build and there is a
 seemingly endless supply of performance parts available.  Stock Chevy heads
 flow better than Ford heads - with the obvious exception of the Cleveland
 style heads.  I do like the distributor being up front on the Ford.
 Although I am not anti-Ford in any way shape or form (I own a 65 Ford
 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe with a 302) I would probably be hard pressed to
 put a small block Ford into a Chevy truck, but I would certainly not berate
 anyone for doing so.  The 46 Chevy PU rod project, which I am just now
 getting started, is going to get a 292 inline.  As my Dad says, "whatever
 trips your trigger".

 Mike >>

  Weeeellllllll.......my take is if you think you may want to run a Ford
motor in it, why not just be satisfied with the i-6 that it currently has?  :)

  Mike