Re: [oletrucks] cab sheet metal

To: Thomas_Wilbur@coconetme.org, PERCULA25@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] cab sheet metal
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 16:09:40 EDT
In a message dated 09/05/1999 12:30:36 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Thomas_Wilbur@coconetme.org writes:

<< Has anyone ever replaced the cowl vent gasket?  Can you do it without
 destroying the paint around the vent, or should I just wait until I
 repaint?

I had to re-glue mine after re-painting. Since the glue had come loose, I
removed the vent completely and cleaned the channel with a scotchbrite wheel
on a die grinder. I glued it down, re-installed the vent, and periodically
opened and closed it for the next several hours to make sure it stuck in the
channel, but not to the vent.