[oletrucks] Skinned Knuckles magazine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Skinned Knuckles magazine
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 17:57:04 EDT
I just found Skinned Knuckles website with a preview of Sept. issue's
articles.  Savor this:

Topics, Tips & Techniques" this month deals with the question of why the
venerable Chevrolet Stovebolt Six from 1929 on (with the exception of maybe a
couple of years) dominated the Big Three in sales. The author researches
engine performance data, fuel consumption data, and engine efficiency to make
a good case for the Chevy cast iron wonder in comparison to Ford's
high-revving V-8, its perennial competition. He then digs through old copies
of Consumers Reports to show that Chevy outranked Ford and Plymouth in cost
repairs. Data from Chilton's Flat Rate Manual for 1941 is presented to show
that for nine different typical repair jobs the average for the Chevy Six was
four dollars less than Ford and fifteen less than Plymouth.

Luckily, my postman is a speedreader, so It should be arriving soon.

Bob ADler