Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Wiper Motor

To: "Brad Rusnak" <b_rusnak@telusplanet.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Wiper Motor
From: "David Raphael" <draphael@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:55:39 -0700
Brad:

    Don't make the mistake I did and replace the vacuum motor before
checking it with the wiper blades removed.  My wipers weren't working and I
think I may have replaced a good motor prematurely.  The problem, I think,
was that the PO had installed new blades with arm springs that were so tight
the motor couldn't move them when pressed against the glass.  I'll never
know for sure because I replaced both the motor (went to electric) and the
blade arms at the same time.  Just to make sure, you should try testing
motor with blades off.

Dave  '49  3100  235  3window
Portland, Oregon
draphael@teleport.com