Re: [oletrucks] 1952 Chevy 3100 distributor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1952 Chevy 3100 distributor
From: Allen Coblentz <wac8019@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:47:44 -0400

Allen Coblentz wrote:

> Just bought and installed a Mallory distributor into my 235 "6".  It
> doesn't have a vaccuum advance ( they don't even make one with vaccuum
> advance for the "6").   Is this a problem for everyday street driving?
> Is there any different timing set-up going this route?  I haven't got it
> completely tuned up yet, but already I can tell a BIG difference.  Any
> advice is appreciated.  Thanks,  Allen

Please, don't tell me I bought a $300 doorstop!  There must be some way to
set this up to work properly.  The motor runs great......fires right up.  It
just hesitates when I first take off.  (I admit I haven't got the carb tuned
exactly, yet.)  The manufacturer said I wouldn't have a problem....(just a
sales pitch?)  Mallory's got a good reputation, I can't believe this was a
waste.  Anybody else running with this distributor? (Unilite electronic)
Anybody got some advice?   Thanks!