[oletrucks] AD Sheetmetal

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Sheetmetal
From: "Bruce H. Bell" <bluebell@train.missouri.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:34:07 -0500
    I'm looking for reassurance.  The last thing I need is to bring home
stuff that I cant use.  My "It'll make a great yard ornament/planter."
pitch is getting a little old ;-)

    I've located a 49 GMC 1/2 with a deluxe cab at a salvage yard.  It has a
deluxe cab on it and other than surface rust appears to be in good shape.
In fact from what I could see (My efforts to crawl in and around were
somewhat limited by the stand of wild roses growing around it) most of the
sheet meal is in reasonable shape.  Can I transplant this sheetmetal to my
49 AD?  I know that the grill and tailgate won't work, but what about the
rest of it?  If I can pull this off it'll save the work of getting rid of
tho PO's "slather it in bondo" body work and give me a five window.