[oletrucks] how much is a 54 gmc deluxe cab long box worth?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] how much is a 54 gmc deluxe cab long box worth?
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:05:20 EDT
I found a 54 or 55 GMC with a virgin windshield, stainless trim on the
windshield and door windows, chev engine upside down in the back( casting no
indicates 235/261).It has no rust outs in the cab.  major front grille chrome
(dented and rusty) chrome front bumper. five window. cab roof drilled for
five cab clearance lights( that resemble mickey mouse ears.  The guy
suggested make an offer, so I asked if he thought that this was a $200 truck
or a $500 dollar truck. He said that both those numbers sounded low. I didnot
see the title, but he said it is a chev title , and that the numbers matched.
That sounds funky, so how hard is it to find a GMC title and plate?
Am I nuts to buy an AD in this shape?
thanks
Stan the man
Newberg Or