Re: [oletrucks] 55 3dr panel

To: MPHUDAK@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 3dr panel
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:09:31 EDT
  I have seen pictures of even wilder trucks, like a 5-dr passenger limo TF
GMC truck. These are specially modified by outside vendors, though, not done
directly thru GM. Alot of Limo's are done by outside contractors with stock
vehicles. I've seen 5-dr '74-80 Chevy trucks, too. They look neat, but
awfully hard to find a parking spot for! This is probably a special order for
the military. GM may have a special division for doing mods to vehicles, like
the Taxi and Police car mods have specialty items added that you can't find
in a showroom brochure at your local dealership. I know that you could get
some literature on Police and Taxi conversions in the 50's from GM, so they
did offer some conversions themselves, although options packages aren't a
body conversion.  I'm no expert. :)

Jerry
'55-2 "Normal" Suburban