[oletrucks] 427 Big Block

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 427 Big Block
From: John & Vicki Garton <wishful@syix.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:25:27 -0700
I have a chance to pick up a 427 cu. in motor for my 55 2nd. I have
heard the motor run, so the condition is not a problem. What I need to
find out is what year it is and what  version of the 427 it is. Are the
casting numbers in the same location as a small block or are they in a
different place. The ones for the small block are down near the starter
right? Thanks for any help anybody can give.

John Garton